Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: kayne west comments about President Bush

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    kayne west comments about President Bush

    recently at a live Hurrican relief aid, kayne west made some derogatory remarks about our commander in cheif.

    "I hate the way they portray us in the media," West said on his own accord. "You see a black family and they say we are looting, you see a white family and they say they are looking for food. And, you know, it's been five days because most of the people ARE black. And even for me to complain, I would be a hypocrite because I would turn away from the TV because it's too hard to watch. I've even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I'm calling my business manager right now to see what is the biggest amount I can give."

    "And just to imagine, if I was down there and those are my people down there. If there is anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help about the way America is set up to help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. Red cross is doing as much as they can. We already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way. And now they've given them permission to go down and shoot us."

    "George Bush doesn't care about black people."


    Doesnt care about black people? Someone needs to tell this thug that it is not the 1950s or the 1960s. What does he want Bush to do? First of all we got one of this nations greatest natural disasters killing people every day down in La and Mississippi. Second we got a war over in the middle east that we got no business being in. Third we got gas prices which until this past weekend have been steadily increasing. What does Mr. West suggust we do? This even aggrevates me and I am a democrat.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_VTgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2002
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    I'm all for people speaking their minds...But this was definitely the wrong platform for him to go off on a tangent.
    Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
    George Orwell

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    Although I consider what the Dixie Chicks/Jane Fonda did to be wrong simply because they protested WAR in another country. If they had protested in America, what they had said would still have been taken with a grain of salt, but they would still have more creditablity then they do now.

    I honestly don't know what this guy is trying to prove though. Like I said I am a democrat however I will be the first one to admit that Bush has had a tough time in office, especially now. And for this thug to come out and say this, it shows just how shallow minded some people really are. This man isn't protesting a war, he is protesting a natural disaster. And then saying we arent doing all we can because most of the ppl down there are black.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    Bush even came back from his 5 week vacation a couple of days early.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    Just for the record I am not a Bush fan, having said that I wanted to share with you all a little something I learned in school this week.
    The 10th Amendment separates the federal government from the state government. Meaning the states run their own government. In order for the federal govt. to help, the Governor of the State has to ask for help. And the mayor of New Orleans is the only person who can order an evacuation. President Bush called Governor Blanco and asked if he could help and her reply was "give me 24 hours". By the way the mayor is black!!!
    I'm not saying the federal government could've done more, faster, but poor State leadership in Louisianna is the biggest reason things got so bad!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    the reason for the "24 hour" thing was the governor was sent a letter asking for her to step down as the leader and hand over control to the federal government...this would constitute "martial law" in which the national guard would be the only means of keeping the peace...she didnt want it to come to that...the whole thing is botched though...from the highest leader to the mayor of the city they all dropped the ball on this one...terrible reaction to an already terrible situation...and kanye isnt helping
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    Can't really say what I want to about this stupid jacka@# (c@@^ye west) so I will say nothing to keep from pissing some off.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    Ah I'll have to admit, Kanye was somewhat wrong, he should have just said, George Bush doesnt care about anybody. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    That would have been a lot more accurate.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: kayne west comments about President Bush

    As for Mr. West's comments about the looting, as I recall when they were showing the looting of a local Wal-Mart in New Orleans, it was a black man, not a white man, carrying out a big-ass TV. Not saying that to stir the racial pot, just to contradict Mr. Wests apparently racial remarks.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •